Romania receives EU funding for improving the energy efficiency of its building stock

The budget of the financing scheme is €304 million, out of which €105 million comes from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the remainder of €154 million represent the national contribution.

Romania has received a green light to start its call for proposals for increasing the energy efficiency of its building stock. On July 11th, the Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism has finalized the negotiations with the European Commission regarding the financing of activities for increasing the energy efficiency of housing blocks, through the Regional Operational Programme.

The budget of the financing scheme is €304 million, out of which €105 million comes from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the remainder of €154 million represent the national contribution.

The projects will target blocks of flats that have been elaborated between 1950 and 1190 and that are inhabited by vulnerable social categories and by families with a low income. In addition, the chosen housing blocks will be situated in municipalities that are county capitals.

The funding scheme foresees a 40% contribution from the beneficiaries, while the other 60% is covered by non-reimbursable EU and state funding. The co-financing rates of the local authorities and the owners’ associations, covering the 40% contribution, will depend on the number proportion of low-income families in the building:

  • 30% – the contribution of the local authority and 10% – the contribution of the owners`  association, when more than 50% of the families that own flats in the building have a monthly net income below 150 euros per family member;
  • 20% – the contribution of the local authority and 20% – the contribution of the owners` association, when more than 50% of the families that own flats in the building have a monthly net income below 350 euros;
  • 10% – the contribution of the local authority and 30% – the contribution of the owners` association, when more than 50% of the families that own flats in the building have a monthly net income below 500 euros.

Share: