BPIE is looking for a Finance Manager
Wanted: Finance Manager (non-profit). Deadline to apply is September 16th 2018.
BPIE is a non-profit think tank located in Brussels, dedicated to improving the energy performance of buildings across Europe. We are contributing to the fight against climate change by providing analysis about solutions in the built environment, developing new ideas and by collaborating with partners all across Europe. BPIE provides open-source research, analysis, knowledge-sharing and advisory activities to the European Institutions, policy-makers in EU Member States and neighbouring countries, the scientific community as well as private sector stakeholders and the civil society. BPIE’s team is a multi-national and dynamic group of dedicated individuals, focusing on a results-oriented and analytical work culture in a trustful and open-minded atmosphere. www.bpie.eu
BPIE is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Finance Manager responsible for providing high quality financial management of BPIE including accounting, financial reporting, auditing, budget development and management, internal controls, legal compliance and payroll. The position will be based in Brussels or Berlin.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Planning, Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting & Cashflow
- Preparation, management and implementation of the operating budget, including:
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly budget revision, including presentation of financial analysis on specific projects/programmes and indicators
- Monitoring actual spent against budget on a monthly basis and reporting to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Strategic financial planning and monitoring
- Identification and review of financial risks, development of mitigation strategies
- Comprehensive financial and administrative management of funding awarded by a variety of funders, including foundations, governmental institutions, multilateral organisations and private sector funders. Specific tasks include budget preparation for funding applications, controlling and preparation of financial reports to funder in compliance with funder’s financial regulations
- Providing support and monitoring to project managers on resource and expenditure allocation
- Monitoring income and expenditure flow, cash flow and future trends
- Ensuring consistence of financial flows with approved budgets and BPIE internal guidelines and policies
- Ensuring compliance of the organisation’s financial management and procedures with Belgian and European regulation and standards
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Overseeing the day to day financial procedures and book keeping activities including managing payments to suppliers, staff expenses, subscriptions and other invoicing related to sales
- Working closely with the Certified Accountant to support appropriate financial returns (e.g. VAT) to the Belgian authorities and to ensure accuracy on the annual accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of annual audit and any governmental/donor audits, being the primary contact point
- Oversee payroll and provide support to the HR management
- In close collaboration with the HR and Office Manager, stay up to date on international and Belgian employment regulations and ensure compliance
- In collaboration with the HR and Office Manager, supporting preparation of contracts with third parties
- Reviewing grant agreements, identifying and resolving compliance issues related to donor requirements
- Advanced university degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management, or Accounting is required
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in finance management (preferably with a special focus in accounting and/or auditing, and preferably with an international not-for-profit organisation)
- Experience with management of EU funds (e.g. Horizon 2020)
- Demonstrated skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems, preferably with an international not-for-profit organisation
- Experience with accounting software
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong planning, administrative, analytical and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners, including Board of Directors, staff, project partners, funders, service providers and auditors
- Advanced Excel skill
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French. Knowledge of German will be an additional asset
- Proven experience in dealing with Belgian HR and payroll procedures is an advantage
- Willingness to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a pro-active and constructive team player
- Enthusiastic personality with good sense of humour
- Willing and able to work to tight deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- A proactive attitude to solving problems and potential conflicts
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
The successful candidate will work from the BPIE office in Brussels, or potentially from BPIE’s office in Berlin, depending on the most suitable candidate . BPIE offers a permanent full-time contract with an attractive benefits package. We have flexible working hours and offer home office opportunities. We work in a dynamic and friendly environment with a motivated, enthusiastic and multinational team.
HOW TO APPLY:
A CV and cover letter should be sent to Anne-Sophie Nollet at Annesophie.Nollet@bpie.eu. Please include “Finance Manager + your name” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline is 16 September 2018.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on 21 and 24 September 2018.
We regret that we are not able to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted for interview. Please, no telephone calls.