BIM and energy performance of buildings – European conference organised by INIVE EEIG on behalf of the QUALICHeCK platform
The conference will be held on 25 June 2018, from 9:00 to 17:00, in Brussels, Belgium
INIVE EEIG, the International Network for Information on Ventilation and Energy Performance European Economic Interest Grouping, on behalf of the QUALICHeCK platform, is organizing a conference focused on BIM (Building Information Modelling) and energy performance of buildings.
This first conference aims to present the status of BIM and opportunities and challenges regarding BIM use for the regulatory assessment of the energy performance of buildings. A smart use of BIM can be a win-win situation for both areas, whereby there surely are still several bottlenecks and challenges ahead of us. The aim is thus also to explore possibilities and challenges for an accelerated interaction/integration.
The programme will cover visions of needs, on-going research and development work as well as demos of already existing solutions and panel discussions:
- Status of the revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
- History of BIM developments & expectations for the future
- BIM implementation in EU member states and other regions and expected developments
- Product and system modelling with BIM
- Application of BIM to the assessment of energy performance of buildings
- Horizon 2020 support for BIM in energy efficient buildings
- Could we rethink the French energy legislation in the context of BIM?
- Standardisation challenges for the energy performance assessment in a BIM context
- Panel discussion “Construction 4.0 and BIM”
- Panel discussion “BIM and the energy performance of buildings assessment”
- 3 demonstrations on various aspects of BIM in practice
- Interactive voting session
You can find more information here