BPIE is looking for a Senior Finance Manager - details hereunder.
BPIE is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Finance Manager responsible for providing high quality financial management of BPIE including accounting, financial reporting, auditing, budget development and management, internal controls, legal compliance and payroll. The position has the potential to evolve into a management position for all administrative matters of the organisation. The position will be based in Brussels, reporting to the Executive Director.
Financial Planning and Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting & Cashflow
- Comprehensive financial and administrative management of funding awarded by a variety of funders, including foundations, governmental institutions, multilateral organisations and private sector funders. Specific tasks include budget preparation for funding applications, controlling and preparation of financial reports to funders in compliance with funders’ financial regulations
- Project management related to budget, time allocation, costs allocation; performing the monitoring of projects regarding resources and expenditures
- Monitoring income and expenditure flow, cash flow and future trends
- Preparation, management and implementation of the operating budget, including:
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly budget revision, including presentation of financial analysis on specific projects/programmes and indicators
- Monitoring actual spent against budget on a monthly basis and reporting to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Ensuring consistence of financial flows with approved budgets and BPIE internal guidelines and policies
- Strategic financial planning and monitoring
- Identification and review of financial risks, development of mitigation strategies
- Ensuring compliance of the organisation’s financial management and procedures with Belgian and European regulation and standards
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Overseeing the day to day financial procedures and bookkeeping activities including payroll, payments to suppliers, staff expenses, subscriptions and other invoicing related to sales
- Working closely with the Certified Accountant to support appropriate financial returns (e.g. VAT) to the Belgian authorities and to ensure accuracy on the annual accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of annual audit and any governmental/donor audits, being the primary contact point
- Provide support to the HR management for financial issues
- In collaboration with the HR and Office Manager, supporting preparation of contracts with third parties
- Reviewing grant agreements, identifying and resolving compliance issues related to donor requirements
- Advanced university degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management, or Accounting is required
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in finance management (preferably with a special focus in accounting and/or auditing, and preferably with an international not-for-profit organisation)
- Proven experience with management of EU funds (e.g. Horizon 2020)
- Demonstrated skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems, preferably with an international not-for-profit organisation
- Experience with accounting software
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong planning, administrative, analytical and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners, including Board of Directors, staff, project partners, funders, service providers and auditors
- Advanced Excel skill
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French or Dutch. Good knowledge of German is an additional asset.
- Experience in dealing with Belgian and German HR and payroll procedures is an advantage
- Willingness to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a pro-active and constructive team player
- Easy-going personality with very good adaptation skills and stress-resilience
- Willing and able to work to tight deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- A proactive attitude to solving problems and potential conflicts
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
The successful candidate will work from the BPIE office in Brussels. BPIE offers a permanent full-time contract with an attractive benefits package. Part-time work could be considered. We have flexible working hours and offer home office opportunities. We work in a dynamic and friendly environment with a motivated, enthusiastic and multinational team.
HOW TO APPLY
A CV and cover letter should be sent to Anne-Sophie Nollet at Annesophie.Nollet@bpie.eu. Please include “Senior Finance Manager + your name” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline is 6 April 2020.
Interviews will be held via videoconference on 8 and 9 April 2020.
We regret that we are not able to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted for interview. Please, no telephone calls.